Sunday, July 24, 2011

Another Fresh Start


So, the first half of the year I determined to grow closer to God and in essence get into better spiritual shape. I studied the Word with an appetite to learn more about the amazing Creator and Lord God. I leaned in close to His heart so that I could gradually begin to hear my heart beat with His. I sought opportunities to join Him in loving others. He blessed me beyond measure despite my ups and downs, my starts and restarts. He is still leading me in those paths and I know I will eternally be seeking Him more each day.

Now, it's time to get this physical body in shape for what the future holds. 2012 is only 5 months away and God has called me to get in shape so that I can indeed run this race and keep up with Him.

So, this week I got up every morning and walked along the canal near our home. Ears plugged into music and arms swinging along to the music with some huffing and puffing as I started up that hill to better health.

What I didn't expect was some amazing insight from God as I walked. Thought I'd share what He showed me today.

My path takes me past the home where my Dad spent his last few months and then past the park where he loved to walk, count the ducks and chat with my mom and anyone else who came in his path. Today as I started to cut across through the park, the tears began to flow and he felt so close, my love for him so deep, my loss so great. At that moment a Michael W. Smith song began playing on my Iphone. "Deep in Love With You" quickly brought me to sobs.

Sitting at Your feet is where I want to be
I'm home when I am here with You
Ruined by Your grace, enamored by Your gaze
I can't resist the tenderness in You

I'm deep in love with You, Abba Father
I'm deep in love with You, Lord
My heart, it beats for You, precious Jesus
I'm deep in love with You, Lord


I remembered sitting alone at my father's bedside the night before he passed into the arms of God. (with the angels applauding according to his pastor). I found a DVD left at the home by one of Dad's wonderful caregivers and put in in the CD player. I sang to my dad those sweet words of worship. So precious was that time, a gift from God to me alone. Sweet, sweet gift from God. I am so grateful.

Walking on through the cool damp park grass I clearly heard my Lord say to me in His sweet loving voice, "that's what I want you to feel for Me, that's how I want you to adore and seek me". I wept more with gratitude that the Lord would show me what it felt like to love him as my Abba Father.

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


I rejoice that I can experience that Abba Father love here as my dad experiences this love at the very feet of our Abba Father. I yearn for the day when we can both be there in God's eternal glowing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment